The Bill Walker Memorial Golf Tournament presented by Premier Truck Group and the Blake Shelton All-Star Experience highlight the various fundraising events that Speedway Children’s Charities-Texas Chapter will be hosting during the NASCAR All-Star Race weekend set for May 20-22 at Texas Motor Speedway.
The Bill Walker Memorial Golf Tournament presented by Premier Truck Group will officially kick off the SCC activities on Friday, May 20, at Bridlewood Golf Club in Flower Mound. The scramble tournament will be a shotgun start at 8 am and will include a welcome breakfast, activities on the course, silent auction and awards luncheon.
SCC-Texas has created a VIP auction item for the ultimate experience to enjoy the race weekend in luxury and meet one of country music’s biggest names. The package includes:
· Exclusive meet-and-greet with Blake Shelton prior to his pre-race concert on Sunday, May 22.
· Pair of luxury suite tickets and VIP parking for all three days of racing, highlighted by the NASCAR All-Star Race on May 22.
· Pair of Track Passes for pit access throughout the weekend and upgraded access to the Shelton pre-race concert and NASCAR All-Star Race driver introductions.
Speedway Children’s Charities-Texas will have an additional five fundraisers on site at Texas Motor Speedway throughout the race weekend, ranging from a VIP casino night to taking your personal vehicle on TMS’ 1.5-mile oval. Here’s a look at those events:
· 50/50 Raffle- The NASCAR All-Star Race winner won’t be the only one going home with a jackpot. From Friday through Sunday of race weekend, SCC will be selling tickets (10 for $10, 40 for $20, 120 for $40) for the 50/50 raffle, where one lucky winner will receive half the money raised and the other half will serve children in need. Keep an eye out for the 50/50 Raffle kiosks on the concourse as well as volunteers in the green 50/50 Raffle vests with signs.
· The Legacy Shop – This race weekend-only shop provides unique memorabilia items and pieces of Texas Motor Speedway history for purchase to benefit SCC-Texas. The Legacy Shop, located near Gate 5 on the concourse by Section 109, is open from when the gates open to the conclusion of the day’s on-track activities on both Saturday, May 21, and Sunday, May 22.
· CSC All-Star Live Auction – The Trackside Live stage, located at Gate 3 of the Fan Zone, will be the site of a live 30-minute auction of various items and memorabilia for fans on Saturday, May 21, beginning at 3:30 pm
Since 1997, Speedway Children’s Charities at Texas Motor Speedway has distributed more than $11.5 million in funding to non-profit organizations in Collin, Dallas, Denton and Tarrant counties supporting children in need. The funds distributed by SCC are raised through special events held throughout the year. Most of the SCC events are geared around the major race weeks at Texas Motor Speedway. SCC could fill the grandstands at Texas Motor Speedway 18 times with the number of children the organization has helped since being formed.
Country music superstar Blake Shelton will perform a live 60-minute concert May 22 as part of the NASCAR All-Star pre-race festivities.