Rise and shine, Riverhead! Diane Witek here with everything you need to know to get this day started. Here are the most important things going on today in town.
First, today’s weather:
Clouds giving way to some sun. High: 66, low: 54.
Here are the top stories today in Riverhead:
- A full entry list featuring a mix of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour regulars and local Riverhead speedsters are set to race onto the historic quarter-mile track this Saturday evening at Riverhead Raceway’s Miller Lite 200! This will be the first of three visits the Modified Tour will make to Riverhead during the 2022 season. (RaceDayCT)
- For a second year in a row, Patchogue Spring Beer Fest 2022 will take place Sunday from 2 to 6 pm at Burgerology Patchogue, 11 Railroad Ave. This year there will be beers available from 50 different breweries! Tickets can be purchased ahead of time here. (Patch)
- On Thursday, May 19, 8:15 am to 4:30 pm, the Regional Tick-Borne Disease Resource Center at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital, is offering a free symposium providing a comprehensive overview and understanding of the areas that are critical for appropriate diagnosis and treatment of tick-borne disease. Breakfast and lunch are free! (Stony Brook News)
- For Peter Treiber Jr., art and beer are on the same creative level. Using the barley grown and hand harvested at the Treiber farm in Peconic, Peter Treiber Jr., an artist and a farmer, just released his first Treiber (lager) Pilsner beer, in collaboration with the South Fork’s Springs Brewery. For more information, visit springs-brewery.com and treiberfarms.com. (Northforker)
- Newsday suggests that you take the ultimate Long Island summer activities test to see how many you have done. I’ve lived here all my life and have not done half! See what new Long Island summer activity may be in your future. (Subscription: Newsday)
Today in Riverhead:
- HS PTO Mtg., 7 p.m., HS Library – Riverhead Senior High School. (All Day)
- From the Granja to the Mesa – Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County. (9:00 AM)
- Eastern Long Island Old Time Jam – Hallockville Museum Farm. (6:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- RiverheadLOCAL: “Four would-to-be tenants for the ground floor space of Riverview Lofts presented their businesses to the Riverhead Industrial Development Agency, including a ‘selfie studio,’ a Mexican restaurant, a new ice cream shop with a Mexican flair.” (Instagram)
- NY Marine Rescue Center/NYMRC: “A big thank you to our 2022 5K Run for the Ridley sponsors! We would like to thank our Atlantic Green sponsors NYU Langone Medical Associates Riverhead and GTD Group, our Loggerhead sponsors Antech, Haugland Group, Meyers Law.” (Instagram) (Website)
- The Suffolk Theatre: “Just Scotty from @bigbadvoodoodaddyofficial stoppin’ by to say he’ll see you on June 24 at 8 pm Get ready for some jazz, swing, and Dixieland all rolled into one with the energy and spirit to get you on your feet.”🎺 🎷(Instagram) (Website)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Thursday. I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update!
— Diane Witek
About me: Impassioned Writer, Website Designer, Social Media Marketer and newly proclaimed Baker. Lover of nature and animals of all kinds.